Sunday 6 April 2014

Journal Bible

I am a part of the Studio Calico Forum and a lovely lady by the name of Shanna (Shanna's Blog) posted about 'Art Journaling' in her Journal Bible. And I love the idea!!!!

At the beginning of this year I challenged myself to read my bible more and the only way I was going to be interested in doing that was having the room to write in it. Except I didn't have the room...
My wonderful hubby had bought a journal bible last year and planning on using it as his sermon bible but he never used it. So I asked him very nicely if I could please have it and he said yes. (Aren't I a blessed woman!)

I couldn't leave my cover black, it is boring, so I used some rub on and a few flower stickers to decorate it a bit, but I am not happy with it at the moment, so I am going to work on that part!

I then decided I would use my colour pens to make it look pretty when I write in it and have read a good amount.

Now that I have come across Shanna's post I am even more excited to read it and decorate it!

An example of the ESV Journal Bible. It has a great wide margin.

I journal with a lot of words and not a lot of pictures but after reading Shanna's blog post I am going to challenge myself to draw pictures a bit more. 

I can't draw very well, but I love doodle drawing and I can see that working in my bible. 

The other thing I never though of and picked up from Shanna's blog was to add tags and stickers etc. In the two pictures you can see a couple of tags. I used a couple of left over pieces of paper and added double sided tape to attach them. The light colored ones will have titles and reminders on them and the brighter ones that can't be written on will be there to make it look even more pretty but aren't necessarily the most important thing at the time. :-)

This is the inside of the front cover. The word 'FREEDOM' stands out because that is the word God gave me for 2014. Underneath are some significant scriptures that stand out to me and a few of them are from an old bible and they were significant at a time in my life and then when I read them they spoke to me again! God is good!

Underneath the attached PL Card I have added this quote - I found this in an old journal I had written while  I was at the training college to become a Salvation Army Officer. It was a difficult time for us and I watched the movie 'Facing the Giants' and one of the guys said it. 
This will continue to be significant to me because as Officers we will move a lot of places and see a lot of things and in the most hardest times I need to remember my calling and why I am doing what I do. :-)

(The bit under the flowers was a 'routine' I was hoping to get into, but I haven't stuck with it! Typical!! lol)

So, this is only the start of something that could turn out amazing! I am looking forward to looking back on this bible in the years to come!



1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this!! You have taken your own style and made it work, this is perfect!

    ReplyDelete